Thursday, May 18, 2006

Resisting time.

Not much to say at the moment. Don't even have a fresh pic to post. Well, I would if I got off my lazy butt and downloaded the snaps I shot while Em and I were in Detroit last weekend.

By the way, fabulous visit with My Typing Sucks and I Don't Care. Oh, how I love that little sis o' mine. And her wonderful family. Seriously. My niece and nephew are so amazing ... and Mr. My Typing Sucks is such a good man. We just didn't want to come back ... except for that part of the back of your brain that reminds you what it's like to sleep in your own bed. That part wanted to get back to Denver on Sunday. :)

We're heading into the final stretch before Surgery Day. Oh, dear. Emma's been anxious and, though I would never admit this to her, I've been a wreck. I'm distracted all the time. I cry for seemingly no reason. I just don't want her to go through all the pain and discomfort ... I hate thinking about the actual procedure.

However, I was cheered after we took the presurgery tour on Tuesday. The family coordinator told Emma that the surgery would go by in a blink to her ... she'd go to sleep and then seem to wake up with no time having elapsed. Now, this won't be the case for those of us (me, Laura, our mom, Emma's stepmother and, possibly, her dad) waiting for her in the family area. But it made me feel better to remember that when you're the one having surgery, time flies.

Small comforts, right?

Anyway, field day is tomorrow and I'll be going. Got my morning deadline sorted this afternoon so that I can go straight to school instead of the office. I'm in good shape to get all my work for next week filed, too, so it's nice I won't have to worry about that stuff. The June issue is put to bed after some frantic last-minute editing. Yay.

The weekend ought to be busy. I'll be on my own tomorrow night, which will be good for a little extra downtime. And then mom will come in on Saturday. Emma will return and we'll have her best friend for a sleepover. Several of us are planning on dinner at the Mexican joint across the street, which I just learned is closing that night. (Ran into the owners at the Safeway this evening.) Laura and Denny will pop by Sunday evening on their way home from the Dem gathering in Greeley.

Don't you hate it when you want so much to slow time ... just for a little bit?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

SURGERY! I've been too preoccupied with my own problems! We are all here, praying! Kids do well, she's a trooper - look all the other stuff she has overcome! Mom's have it rough. One mother to another.. {{{{D}}}} Keep the faith!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home