Thursday, May 11, 2006

View to a Daughter.


Emma now reads entire chapter books. As such, this is the view I see of her with increasing frequency.

Last Saturday, we got her a new book, "The Good Dog," which will be her longest book read to date. We popped into the Boulder Bookstore, which was one of the places that sold me on living in Colorado when I would vacation here in the early 1990s.

At the checkout, Emma was chatting with the clerk and I mentioned it was Em's first visit to the shop. So the young woman graciously said that such an occasion called for a discount. On the way out the door, I told Emma how kind it was she gave Emma a discount and Em said, "Oh, yes, that's so sweet. What's a discount?"

She thought it was the little bookshop bookmark tucked inside the pages. All together now: awwwwww.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home