Monday, April 24, 2006

Weather whiplash.

It was 81 degrees on Sunday.

This is what it looks like right now. That white stuff? Yeah, it's snow. It's springtime in the Rockies, though, and this is all par for the course.

I think my neighborhood looks pretty like this, by the way. And I'm always enthralled when the buildings downtown are partially obscured by low, heavy clouds. Snow makes the city so much sweeter.

Of course, the backyard is a muddy mess thanks to the dogs. I'm so depressed just thinking about it. Very little grass left. sigh

Oh, well. Something to work on, yes? Something new to fixate on ... always in the market for that sorta' thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

i LOVE SNOW! I think it is absolutely beautiful - of course.. I dont'have to get out in it or anything LOL whoohoo.. a visit with the family is just what you need ;) always good to get together with the family. yes, I see now how hard parents have it... parenting is not easy!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

we should have brough the tiller, lol ;)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Oh, let me tell you, I am soooo freakin' fixated on that yard. Today, after work, I went back there and raked so that I could fill that huge whole dug under the fence ... which hadn't been there a couple of days before. The dirt was packed onto my patio. A very powerful dog did that ... hmm, Rottweiler/lab? No that's a strong dog. Border collie with arthritis? Well, Rex has sticktuitiveness but he's still gimpy. And ... he doesn't dig.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I do use your dog-poop-in-the-hole trick, which stops the neighbor dog from digging in one whole ... and redirects him elsewhere. Oh, and while I was raking and then scraping the patio and pitching the dirt back into the whole (required a shovel!), what did the neighbors do? They had had their back door open to let the dog in and out ... they knew I was back there working ... soooooo, they closed their back door. Niiiiiiice.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Spencer said...

dirt? you let a perfectly good patch of dirt go idle without me digging in it ;) of course, i could do without the fecal presents...

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home