Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The new "Warriors" book!



Well, Em's on Book 3 of "The New Prophecy," but that didn't stop us from heading to the Boulder Bookstore this evening to see and meet Erin Hunter, author of the "Warriors" series. It was actually Victoria Holmes, the editor and creator. Emma was deeeeeelighted to learn she's British, by the way. I was amused to learn she doesn't have a cat ... or really like them all that much. She likes to create gruesome ways to kill off the cats -- "Tigerstar's death rocked!" she said.

Emma managed to get a seat right on the floor in the front of the area where Vicky was giving her talk. She was totally mesmerized. It was awfully sweet to see her in a sea of kids who all share the same passion for the books, too. Total Tweenerville, y'know.

Anyway, when Emma went to get her book signed, she shared with Erin/Vicky (Ericky?) a photo of her birthday cake. My photo didn't turn out well, but Em's stepmom, Danelle, saved the day by taking plenty of birthday picks that are not just cute, they'r in focus. I did manage to get a snap tonight of Em and Erin/Vicky that wasn't too bad ... considering.

Now I can't wait for Em to get home so I can read "The Lost Warrior" and we can finish "Dawn."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Diana, and Emmy (Squirrelpaw) ^^;; So glad to learn that you made it to Vicky's signing, sounds like you had a wonderful time! I wanted to thank you for signing Warrior's Wish's guestbook, and I wanted to ask if it would be alright to put a picture of your incredible cake on Warrior's Wish!

We love stuff like that, and your cake is absolutely amazing! ;)

So, hopefully I can get that permission, because I'm positive all of the warriors community would love to see it, I know I'll share it with the forum members ^^

Always happy to hear from a fellow Warriors fan!

May StarClan light your path,
Blizz (www.warriorswish.net)
Starclan@rogers.com

3:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Emma will be delighted, Blizz! You can't tell from the pic, of course, but each side had a different Clan symbol on it. The WindClan turned out the best. My StarClan got messed up 'cause I tried to put it on the side with ThunderClan ... so I just kept to the eartlhly Clans. :)

I told Em about Warriors Wish and she can't wait to check out the downloads.

3:10 PM  
Blogger danang said...

hi dianna i love the picture of emma and the author!!




LOVE EMMA SIMONE COLES <3

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home