Sunday, August 12, 2007

Escaping the Heat.








Emma and I spent Saturday in the mountains, heading up to Estes Park for the Colorado Hunter Jumper Association's horse show. Stanley Lake is across the street from the fairgrounds, so we went there twice. I suspect Emma enjoyed walking in the lake more than watching the jumpers.

It couldn't have been a more beautiful day to be up there. Warm, but not hot. Sunny with enough clouds so that every few minutes you got a break from the heat. Steady breeze. And, of course, the scenery. It was one of those days where I spent a lot of time thinking, "I can't believe I live in such a beautiful place."

Oh, the top pic shows one of the most famous places in Estes Park -- other than Rocky Mountain National Park, of course: The Stanley Hotel, which inspired Stephen King's "The Shining." Beautiful place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I love that Emma gets to grow up with this, don't you? Not that I don't think those swampy, cypress-filled lakes back home are equally beautiful...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home